At DataSpan, we offer customized technology solutions for a wide variety of businesses. Our product line of Managed Print Services (MPS) creates a printing monitor service that is perfect for your company and the environment.
What Are Managed Print Services?
A Managed Print Service monitors your company’s document output, including printers, copiers and faxes. Managed Print Services assess everything from the hardware to the parts and supplies needed and tracks general device usage and any problems that may occur. With this data, you can automate supply shipments and tackle any technical issues before they become major problems.
When you partner with us for your MPS, we will manage your equipment and optimize your environment. We also provide ongoing system support and maintenance.
The Ins and Outs of MPS
With MPS services, you will receive:
- Usage reports
- Hardware replacement
- Cost control
- Printer replacement
- Automatic toner shipment
- Remote and on-site service
- Measurements of paper consumption
Our technology allows us to track everything about the state of your devices so we can use the data to make your printing environment as efficient as possible.
Are Managed Print Services Right for You?
If your company relies on printing and has a large print environment, MPS can be a great way to enhance your business operations. Almost 90% of companies do not track printing costs, which can be anywhere from 5%-15% of your total budget. Printing issues also account for 15% of IT workers’ time.
With everything you need to manage daily, it’s understandable that printing efficiency sometimes falls by the wayside. When you partner with us for your MPS, we will take care of these things for you to make your printing processes as smooth as possible.
MPS can help businesses in multiple industries cut costs through careful strategy and execution. Companies implementing MPS can access useful information on their hardware that will help them ensure they have the supplies they need to handle any request efficiently. For legal, health care and education industries — and any other business printing numerous forms and documents for their daily operations — MPS can help organizations stay on top of their workload and make the most of every workday.
Benefits of Implementing MPS
When you implement managed print solutions, you’ll see the following benefits:
- Need analysis: As an MPS provider, we can analyze fleets of all sizes to assess how to consolidate and streamline processes.
- Printer consolidation: One of the first things we’ll look to consolidate is your printers. Many companies have more printers than they need, which results in extra costs. We’ll help determine what’s necessary and what we can remove. We’ll also strategically place printers for easy accessibility.
- Automated delivery: Our monitoring system will detect when your toner is low and can automatically ship refills.
- Accurate budgeting: When businesses stick to a rigid printing structure, they’ll know exactly what expenses to expect monthly. Maintain a consistent budget by ordering the supplies you need when you need them in the exact quantities your operations require.
- Cost savings: By cutting down on unnecessary machinery and consolidating your printing services, your company will save money and no longer deal with unexpected printing costs.
- Time savings: We monitor your printing systems so you don’t have to. Your employees can focus on the work they need to do without worrying about the state of the printers or copiers they rely on.
- Productivity optimization: When your staff spends more time working and less time troubleshooting hardware problems, they’ll produce work at higher levels than before. Our programs will help your staff keep their momentum while instituting techniques tailored for their department or position that will set them up for success.
- Departmental focus: Let each part of your company work on what they do best. MPS will allow your IT department to focus on the big-picture tasks that improve your operations rather than being pulled out to handle multiple minor issues every day.
- Environmentally friendly: By measuring your paper consumption, we can help identify where waste is occurring so you can reduce your paper footprint.
- Strategic improvement: Our managed printing systems will give your business access to accurate, digestible information on your daily processes that you can use to analyze current operations and develop strategies to improve. You can strategize with actionable information at hand and find areas for improvement as you progress.
- Real-time tracking: You can access all the data we collect from your computer or mobile device so you can check on the status of supplies and parts and make any necessary requests.
- Informational security enhancement: Intrusion and property theft can compromise any sensitive data businesses may have in the form of physical documents. MPS tracks printing and implements strategies to restrict access to sensitive forms to those with verifiable qualifications. MPS also assists with safe waste management and disposal to protect vital printed information.
Partner With DataSpan for MPS
Managed print services are integral to many businesses, and choosing a high-quality provider ensures you get exactly what you need. Contact DataSpan today to get started with our MPS services!